About the company
Douleutaras.gr is the leading tech-enabled company for home services. We launched 2.5 years ago and since then we have helped more than 100.000 customers find the right expert for their job. The home industry is the last marketplace that has yet to be disrupted. We’re constantly exploring better ways to operate, and trying new things; coupled with our rapid growth there are innumerable opportunities to support the company with your insight. This makes the Senior BI Manager role critical to the continued success of Douleutaras.gr by facilitating the information necessary to make great decisions.
We have been growing extremely fast (more than €1m annual revenue in just 2 years of operation) and are supported by top-tier investors from Greek and abroad. We have assembled a world-class team that shares the same mission; make the purchase of home services as convenient as ordering products! Join us in disrupting the €400 billion home services market!
About the role
If you are a Senior BI professional and would love to be one of the catalysts for disrupting a huge industry, this is a great opportunity for you! We work daily with the operations and product leadership teams to develop, execute, monitor, and refine initiatives that drive value and quantify that value as it pertains to financial performance. The role covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities, from reporting to strategic analysis to test market evaluation. This won’t be a monotonous job – the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. The ability to jump into uncharted waters and manage multiple projects with changing priorities is a must.
The Senior Business Intelligence Manager position is a key one within the Business Intelligence team, which is responsible for harnessing the data and information we have to drive the right decisions for our customers, professionals and business. You will be managing a small team of Analysts to create and answer important strategic questions. Your contribution will be critical in order to utilise, analyse and understand the data & information that are necessary in order to continue growing and expanding our business. To achieve that you will need to collaborate with our Operations, Product and Sales & Marketing departments in order to understand and solve key business problems.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Establish a sound BI infrastructure, using tools such as Tableau or Google Data Studio
- Partner with the BI & Finance team to make sure we have the data sets in place to enable analysis across the company
- Build the data culture across the company, enabling the broader team to derive the right insights into our performance and opportunities from our data
- Guide the leadership team on setting company-wide goals that inform and support our strategy. Translate business requirements into meaningful KPIs and standardised reports to monitor and drive the business
- Analyse multi-dimensional business problems and identify multiple potential solutions
- Support the data driven culture in the organisation by suggesting solid, insightful conclusions
- Prepare written and visualised summaries of analysed data
- Own our conversion rate optimisation project, via which we aim to optimise various aspects of our operational, marketing and sales initiatives
- Build the strategy for establishing a world-class BI team, able to lead the Company into automated and optimised processes
- Develop algorithms that can maximise the performance of our Operational teams
You’ll need to know your way around Excel, have an aptitude for relational databases, and a solid business acumen. As important as your analytical skills, your ability to synthesise large data sets into digestible information will be key.
You have a strong combination of analytical prowess, technical aptitude and business judgement. You love crunching data, solving complex problems and creating patterns/stories behind them. You’re focused on results, a self-starter and have demonstrated success in using data to drive the understanding, progression and user engagement of a product or a project. You have excellent Excel skills, and significant experience using data analytics and statistical tools including SQL, R and Python.
You will also need to have:
- At least Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field like applied mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science or similar
- Strong business acumen, with the understanding of how to balance business need and technical innovation
- 3-4+ years of professional experience in a financial/business analysis role
- Advanced SQL skills
- Sound knowledge of a statistical computing language such as R or Python
- Experience with BI tools and visual analytics such as Tableau or Google Data Studio
- Sharp business judgment and ability to see past the noise in large datasets to summarise and present actionable insights
- Advanced Excel skills & the ability to process large amounts of data.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- A true team player and problem-solver with a keen interest in technical, product and business challenges throughout the company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have but not essential:
- MSc degree in a relevant field
- Startup experience or demonstrated strong interest
- Have developed algorithms in the past
- Experience working in experiment-driven product development
Our client offers
- Competitive compensation
- Participation in a fast developing company that is preparing to scale internationally
- Cooperation with a talented team that consists of experienced members with international experience
- A bespoke development plan that will allow you to utilise your potential and grow quickly
- Working from home scheme
- Potential for stock options